It’s been a few years since we have seen the Big Apple Circus, and my kids have been asking (for most of that time) when we can go see it again.
Well, kids, the circus is coming to town! The Big Apple Circus returns to the Boston area, playing under the Big Top at Assembly Row in Somerville, April 7 – May 6.
Here’s a video of some of the exciting things you can see the performers do (click the link to see the video).
And one of my lucky readers has a chance to win 4 tickets to the Sunday, April 8 at 4:00 pm. show.
About this year’s season:
The 40th anniversary season program features the famous seven-person pyramid on the high wire with Nik Wallenda and TheFabulous Wallendas and the daring quadruple somersault attempted on the trapeze by The Flying Tunizianis – the first time in circus history that both legendary feats are performed under the same big top. The record-setting acts are joined by Dandino & Luciana, a dynamic duo who combine speed, acrobatics and daredevil grace on rollerskates; award-winning contortionist Elayne Kramer; master juggler Gamal Garcia; Jan Damm on the Rola Bola; acclaimed Risley acrobats The Anastasini Brothers (who broke the World Record for Most Flips on November 9, 2017); Ringmaster Ty McFarlan; and circus trainer & presenter Jenny Vidbel, who performs in the ring with 16 horses and ponies, as well as six rescue dogs.
Why else is the Big Apple Circus so wonderful? From their press release:
Outside of the ring, BIG APPLE CIRCUS continues to honor the essential and iconic characteristics that have set it apart for the past four decades, with multiple community outreach programs and a vital no-wild-animals policy. Circus of the Senses, which will take place on Wednesday, April 11 at 11:00 am, offers specially enhanced experiences for audiences who are deaf, blind, deaf/blind, visually impaired, or have cognitive or developmental challenges. The special performances include ASL interpretation, live audio description, pre- and post-show touch experiences, and a Braille program book. On Sunday, April 8 at 12:00 pm, Big Apple Circus Embraces Autism, a sensory-friendly performance for autistic audience members, will feature lowered light and sound levels, a descriptive social story, and a professionally staffed “calming center” that can be accessed at any point during the show.
What’s not to love?
- It’s easy to enter. Winner will be selected and notified by 10 a.m. EST on April 2, 2018. Winner has 24 hours to respond to the notification; if winner does not confirm within 24 hours, another winner will be selected. Tickets can be picked up at the performance.
Discount Codes: Save 25% on all Opening Week Performances, April 7th through April 13th.
- If you don’t win this giveaway, or you want to see the show a different day or time, I have discount codes for you!
- Use Offer Code FAMILY25 when purchasing at Ticketmaster; go to www.BigAppleCircus.com and click Buy Tickets.
- Tickets are now on sale at Ticketmaster or at www.BigAppleCircus.com for all Boston performances.
Key Details for the BIG APPLE CIRCUS at Assembly Row, Somerville, MA:
- Performances run Saturday, April 7 through Sunday, May 6, 2018.
- Playing under the Big Top at Assembly Row, off Grand Union Blvd., Somerville, MA
- Free Parking for 3 Hours is available on-site at Assembly Row.
- Assembly Row is accessible via the Orange Line – Assembly stop.
- For tickets, visit BigAppleCircus.com, Ticketmaster.com or call tel: (800) 745-3000.
- Ticket prices begin at $25; early bird pricing is available through March 12th.
- For Groups of 10 or More: (212) 257-2330 or email@example.com